- me: -sings-
- me: let us die facing our foes
- me: -snivels-
- me: make them bleed while they can
- me: -weeps openly-
- me: make them pay through the nose
- me: -falls on the floor-
- me: make them pay for every man
- me: -bangs head against the ground-
- me: let others rise to take our place
- me: -sets self on fire-
- me: until the earth is FREEEEEEE
- me: -jumps off a cliff wailing uncontrollably-
Do you ever just think about the Barricade boys and you just:
An extensive beginner’s guide to Les Amis De L’ABC for the people (and mostly for dogdammitstyles, who asked for it, since no one else probably can be bothered to read it). Sadly tumblr only allows ten pictures, so it looks a bit messy.
Thanks to the film Les Misérables, 2013 introduced me to many wonderful actors and singers that comprise the Barricade Boys past and present, on stage and on film. This is a selection of some of the many songs featuring these amazingly talented individuals. Though not all these songs are from 2013, they are still some of my favorites.
1. Do You Hear the People Sing?, Les Misérables Film Cast / 2. I Could Be In Love With Someone Like You, Aaron Tveit / 3. Streets of Dublin, Fra Fee / 4. I Will Follow You Into the Dark, George Blagden / 5. Stay Another Day, Anton Zetterholm, Rob Houchen, Niall Sheehy, Jonny Purchase, Lee Dillon-Stuart / 6. Again, Hadley Fraser / 7. Chance, Iwan Lewis / 8. Take Me Away, Jamie Muscato (and Cordelia Farnworth) / 9. Love Will See Us Thru, Fra Fee and Stuart Neal (and Jessie May and Sophie May Wake) / 10. ABC Cafe/Red and Black, Les Misérables Film Cast / 11. Why God Why, Alistair Brammer / 12. Jolly Holiday, Stuart Neal (and Original London Cast, Mary Poppins) / 13. Halleluja, Anton Zetterholm and Rob Houchen / 14. Luis Carruthers’ Solo, Hugh Skinner / 15. Heard It Through the Grapevine, Killian Donnelly / 16. What You’d Call a Dream, Gabriel Vick / 17. New York State of Mind, Ramin Karimloo and Hadley Fraser / 18. Do You Hear the People Sing?, Les Misérables Original Broadway Cast
That moment when every single fan of Aaron Tveit understood without any more reference what broadway.com was talking about.
I just want one good college au that stays true to the brick canon in that Marius isn’t a member of the amis. I want that one fic where he’s just Courfeyrac’s dopey roommate, and when Courf brings him to a meeting, Marius says something about being “fiscally conservative but socially liberal” and there’s a moment of tense silence where everyone just stares at him before Enjolras slowly rises to his feet and coldly whispers “get out.”
- The Students: *singing* They will come one and all! They will come when we call!
- Me: *sobbing* NO THEY WON'T.
“According to Greek mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus split them into two separate beings condemning them to spend their lives in search for their other halves.”
~Plato’s The Symposium.
How many times will I reblog this? “Always.”
We did it at school. The myth also says that the pairings could be male/female, male/male or female/female (just sayin’)
sometimes you don’t need to find someone else